We love plants.
Our team of designers are passionate about what plants can do for you.
At Van Wilgen’s we are committed to assisting you with your home landscaping needs. Our team of designers works one on one with customers to provide a personalized plan so you will love what you see when you pull in the driveway. Listening and making your vision a reality is our number one goal. We accomplish this by utilizing trees, shrubs, perennials, roses, and annuals to create a sustainable outdoor living space that you and your family will enjoy for years to come. With our years of experience and accrued plant knowledge it’s our misson to give you the yard of your dreams.
The yard of your dreams is just a few steps away.
Our team will help you pick out the best plants for your spot. We feel that masterplans can be overwhelming. We like to simplify and focus on making small areas perfect. Bring us a few pictures and some measurements. We will give you a simple sketch, and walk you through the garden center to compile plant list, all within a half hour. Let us show you how proud your garden can make you feel.
Visit our Design Bar anytime, we have a team of designers working everyday. No appointment necessary, we’re here to help.
Let Us Do the Work for You.
Delivery and Installation Services
Our goal is simple, fulfilling your landscape dreams. There are many reason to landscape your property and every project has a purpose. Our designers and install team is here to help you put your touch on the neighborhood. They are dedicated to providing you with a rewarding and successful gardening experience that you can enjoy for years to come. Our professional installers live up to the Van Wilgen way of doing things; it’s the little extras that make the difference between ordinary and extraordinary.
Van Wilgen’s installations include:
- Automatic two year warranty on all trees, shrubs, and roses as well as a 1 year warranty on perennials.
- Planting bed creation
- Removal of sod
- Addition of topsoil
- Amending the soil with Van Wilgen’s Premium Planting Mix
- Plant list chosen and placed with the “right plant in the right place” mentality.
- Plants installed to our “Van Wilgen’s best practice” benchmark
- Finishing touches
- Clean bed edge
- Apply Van Wilgen’s Jump Start Root Stimulator
- Apply Van Wilgen’s Slow Release Fertilizer
- Install thick layer of a quality bark mulch of your choice
- Application of Preen to prevent weeds
- Watering in your new planting
Call Before You Dig service- (note- customer must mark planting sites with flags that Van Wilgen’s provides you. This confirms CBYD is marking the specific project area. Remember, it’s the law.)
Save your back. There are many plants that we offer that are difficult to manage without the proper tools. We can help you out. Our professional install team can plant anything from a small perennial to a large specimen tree. Prices vary per town.
- Arrival within our assigned time window
- Automatic two year warranty on all trees, shrubs, roses and a one year warranty on perennials.
- Van Wilgen’s Premium Planting Mix and Van Wilgen’s Jump Start
- Plants installed to our “Van Wilgen’s best practice” benchmark
- Water in freshly installed plants if hose available
- To increase long term success, we suggest adding Van Wilgen’s Mulch Kit to your newly planted tree. The benefits are endless.
- Customer will be provided with flags by Van Wilgen’s to facilitate both Call Before You Dig service as well as our installation service.
Getting a large order, and can’t fit it all in your car? Need a large amount of bulk material, but don’t have a truck? We offer plant and bulk material delivery. Click Here to view a price by town list.Delivery by Town 2017
You can expect us to:
- Arrive at the assigned time
- Place the order as close as possible to where it is most convenient for you, within reason.
- Plant material can be delivered throughout the state, fees are dependent on your zip code. Please see attached zip code list here. One delivery charge includes as much as we can fit on one truck, delivered to your site. With your plants in mind, sometimes we need to send multiple trucks resulting in additional delivery charges.
- Bulk material will be dumped in the driveway or somewhere close to the driveway to prevent disturbances of your lawn, soil, and other unforeseen underground obstacles.
- Anthony Yagovane, Install Team Leader, Install@vanwilgens.com• 203-444-8251• CANP certified
CUSTOM CONTAINER DESIGN
The greenhouse at Van Wilgen’s has happily been tending to the needs of all of our gardeners, from the first timers to the pros. We are excited to introduce our brand new potting bench and Custom Container Design area. Container gardening is one of the most rewarding and fun ways to garden. We can help put together knock out combinations that will make everyone jealous.
Right around the bend from our koi pond, the custom container design area is here to work with you and obtain you vision. Bring your own pots or pick something from our collection. We can plant in anything you can think of. Plants are our passion and we love to share our passion with you. Need inspiration? We can offer fresh ideas and helpful tips to keep your container combinations thriving.
No container should ever go unfilled! Decorate your home or business for every season; explore our selection of early spring, spring, summer, fall, winter-tough container plants, as well as our assortment of cut greens for holiday interest!
Pick up your order, have it delivered, or let us come to you. We can plant your containers on site at your home or business. We look forward to helping you create unique custom container plantings to thrive all season long! Contact us by phone at (203)-488-2110, by email at email@example.com, or simply stop by and see us to get started!
Kirsten Famiglietti, Custom Container Design, firstname.lastname@example.org • CANP certified
I started working at Van Wilgen’s in 2011. I attended Southern CT State University and half way through I decided to change my major to Biology. I could formally study the plants I came to adore while working in the greenhouse at Van Wilgen’s. During school I worked as a lab-rat in the plant biology lab, while also having the opportunity to work in the greenhouse learning all the annuals, tropicals, houseplants, herbs and veggies that we grow and sell at Van Wilgen’s. Whenever the opportunity arise, I would always drift towards creating and designing mixed containers. I am so excited to formally offer my services as the Van Wilgen’s Custom Container Designer. My obsession of playing with different plant combinations combined with my greenhouse experience; I know we can come up with some amazing combos!