It’s time to swag, rope and wrap. Turn your plain doorway, mantle, railing, or lamp post into a fragrant, holiday wonderland with fresh-cut garland. Follow the formulas to determine just how much garland you need to beautify your home or business.
Doorway formula: Measure height x 2 + door width = amount garland needed
i.e. Standard doorway is 10 feet tall x 4 feet wide = need 24 feet garland
Mantle formula for swagging: Measure the length of mantle x 1.5 = amount garland needed i.e. Standard Mantle is 6 feet wide x 1.5 = need 9 feet garland to swag
Banister formula for swagging: Measure the length of banister x 1.5 = amount garland needed i.e. Banister is 10 feet long x 1.5 = need 15 feet garland to swag
Banister formula for wrapping: Measure the length of banister + height of newel post and then x 2 = amount garland needed i.e Banister is 10 feet long + 3-foot high newel post = 13 feet x 2 = need 26 feet of garland to wrap
Lamppost formula for wrapping: Measure the height of lamp post x 2 = amount garland needed i.e. Lamppost is 8 feet high x 2 = need 16 feet of garland to wrap
There is no right or wrong to holiday decorating! We will cut any of our various styles of garland to any length. Enjoy the scent and beauty of your fresh-cut garland this holiday season.
Don’t forget to Wilt-Pruf!
It’s the time of year to start talking about Christmas Trees. Although given the unseasonably mild weather we are having it may tough for some to get into the spirit. Let’s give it a try! Here is a guide to help you select the perfect tree for this Christmas from Van Wilgen’s.
- Needles are short dark green with a silver underside.
- Soft to the touch.
- Very fragrant with excellent needle retention.
- Branches are strong, great for heavy ornaments.
- Needles are long light green in color
- Soft to the touch
- Very full in shape
- Extremely fragrant- it smells like oranges!
- Best needle retention
- Needles are deep blue in color
- Sharp to the touch…Kids & Pets be careful!
- Strongest branches…Perfect for heavy ornaments
- Pleasant fragrance
- Good needle retention
- A Van Wilgen Favorite!
- Needles are dark green with a silver underside.
- Needles are larger and showier than the Fraser Fir.
- Soft to the touch.
- Best fragrance and needle retention.
- Sturdy branches are perfect for heavy ornaments.