Sign Up for Our Newsletter to get the best discounts and offers
Dads love their lawns. Lots of moms do too but today we are going to focus on the dads. Often while the family is off shopping for flowers in the greenhouse, the dads hang out in the lawn care corner with all the cool lawn stuff and lots of questions about how to get the best lawn on the block. Well, dads, we’re here to help! Here are some tips on how to have one of the best summer lawns on the block:
- For the greenest lawn in the neighborhood, use Milorganite Espoma Summer Revitalizer or Fast Acting Iron. Love them all! All three products can be used even in the heat of summer without burning the lawn. The iron in these products gives amazing, deep green color to our summer lawns. Get your first application down in June to get a head start on the greening process. Shhhhhhh, don’t tell your neighbors about it!
- Small patch seeding only! Don’t take on big seeding projects this time of the year. If you do, you’ll have to water so much you won’t have time to enjoy your super green lawn. Only do small, manageable, bare patches of seeding.
- Keep the lawn mowed as high as you can tolerate. Never let that mower dip below 3 inches. The higher the lawn is, the less chance of burnout in the summer heat.
- You are either all in or all out. Meaning if you’re going to water in the summer months, commit to it. No piddly amounts of water will do. If you are only going to give your lawn shot glasses full of water, then do not bother at all. Just let it go dormant and take a little summer rest.
- Don’t forget those grubs. Consider a Grub Ex application in early July to take care of those new, hungry grubs that’ll try and damage dad’s summer lawn.