Breathe easy, by bringing the fresh air indoors with house plants. Houseplants filter out harmful chemicals from the air, making it easy to breathe and so much more.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Peace lilies- Did you know that this is the perfect plant to put in your bathroom? It will keep mold spores under control by absorbing those spores through its leaves , sending them down to the roots where it turns into food for the plant. Also does a great job on absorbing acetone, which all of us girls use on a regular basis.
- Spider plants- This is a good plant for those of us with allergies. Also good in absorbing carbon monoxide.
- Boston ferns- not only is this a great looking plant, but this plant is a great humidifying plant, and helps restore moisture to the air.
- Aloe vera- this plant not only looks cool but helps heal cuts and burns. But did you know that it also helps rid the air of benzene which is commonly found in paints and chemical cleaners.
- English ivy- This is a good plant for pet owners. It absorbs lots of chemicals given off from pet odors. Also, been known to help you focus better. This is why we often see ivy in a lot of office settings.
- Bromelaids- This air purifying plant is not only one of the most colorful . But it also ranks up there very high among the air purifiers because it has been tested to remove 6 of the top eight chemicals we try to get rid of in our daily life.
- Here are a few more: Dracenas, snake plants, areca palms, rubberplants, robellini palms, and Chinese evergreens .
So if you are looking for a great air purifier, stop in and take a look at anyone of the above, and breathe easy.