MARCH COMES IN LIKE A LION…GET A JUMP ON THAT LION!
March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. I know March starts out a little chilly but we can still get a jump on that lion. Don’t let that lion intimidate you. It is time to get out into the yard and take care of some business. The more you accomplish now, the more assured that March will go out sweetly, like a little lamb.
WHAT CAN WE DO RIGHT NOW TO CALM THAT LION DOWN?
- Get your soil pH tested for free at the Solution Center at Van Wilgen’s. A balanced pH is the key to a good start.
- Apply Encap’s Fast Acting Lime to areas of the yard that need it. Keep in mind, veggie gardens, lilacs, and clematis love extra lime.
- Moss Out will work great in this cooler, rainy weather. Moss is most actively growing when it is cooler, so the early application works well to get rid of unwanted moss patches.
- In addition to taming the March lion, you need to control some other bothersome critters.
- Apply I Must Garden’s Mole & Vole Repellent now to keep moles and voles from taking over the lawn and garden. An early application will slow down their spring establishment in your yard.
- Apply now! Use one of our many Deer Repellents to train deer in advance. Deer are creatures of habit. Break their habit before they start. We have a new, convenient deer repellent system called Scent-inal. It is all-natural and easy to use.
- I love All Seasons Horticultural Oil. It is a great part of your Integrated Pest Management program. Spray down your trees and shrubs early in the season to eliminate overwintering insects and insect eggs. This early application will cut down on your pest problems later.
Put the above 5 steps on your March to-do list and you can whip that lion into shape. The March lion will be intimidated by all your pro-active moves in the garden, put his tail between his legs, and crawl away like a little lamb.
Come see us at Van Wilgen’s. We would love to help!
*Encap’s Fast Actin Lime
*Lilly Miller’s Moss Out
*I Must Garden’s Mole & Vole Repellent
*Bonide’s All Season Horticultural Oil