Breathe easy, by bringing the fresh air indoors with houseplants.
Did you know that houseplants can turn carbon dioxide into oxygen? According to NASA, they also remove airborne volatile organic chemicals like benzene, formaldehyde, and trichloroethylene. These chemicals are commonly found in things like detergent, paints, and tobacco smoke. Plants also have the ability to increase humidity levels inside, provide you with a less stressful, happier, and greener environment. NASA recommends at least one plant per 100 square feet of living or office space for efficient air cleaning.
Our Glasshouse is an oasis all year long, bringing you colorful plants for all the seasons. Our team is eager to help you find the perfect plants for your home.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Peace lilies- Did you know that this is the perfect plant to put in your bathroom? It will keep mold spores under control by absorbing those spores through its leaves, sending them down to the roots where it turns into food for the plant. Also does a great job of absorbing acetone, which all of us girls use on a regular basis.
- Spider plants- This is a good plant for those of us with allergies. Also good in absorbing carbon monoxide.
- Boston ferns- not only is this a great-looking plant, but this plant is a great humidifying plant and helps restore moisture to the air.
- Aloe vera- this plant not only looks cool but helps heal cuts and burns. But did you know that it also helps rid the air of benzene which is commonly found in paints and chemical cleaners.
- English ivy- This is a good plant for pet owners. It absorbs lots of chemicals given off from pet odors. Also, been known to help you focus better. This is why we often see ivy in a lot of office settings.
- Bromeliads- This air purifying plant is not only one of the most colorful. But it also ranks up there very high among the air purifiers because it has been tested to remove 6 of the top eight chemicals we try to get rid of in our daily life.
- Here are a few more: Dracaenas, snake plants, areca palms, rubber plants, robellini palms, and Chinese evergreens.
So if you are looking for a great air purifier, stop in and take a look at any one of the above, and breathe easy.